OH! Magazine - Australian Version December 2018 - Page 23
SUMMER FRUIT SALAD
Up your salad game this summer, with this super
special banana fruit salad.
How to make it:
1. To make the basil sugar: Place sugar and basil in a small
food processor. Process and until finely chopped. Transfer
to a jar, refrigerate until needed.
2. For the fruit salad: Combine all the fruit in a large bowl.
Spoon over two thirds of the basil sugar and stir gently to
3. Sprinkle over the pistachio then remaining basil sugar.
4. Scatter over the basil leaves or flowers and serve with
• Basil sugar will keep for up to three weeks in the fridge in
an airtight jar.
• This salad can be adapted for each season. For example:
• Autumn fruit salad combo: Banana, apple, grapes, kiwi
fruit, pear, nashi and passionfruit
• Winter fruit salad combo: Banana, apple, custard
apple, mandarin, nashi, persimmon, kiwi fruit and
• Spring fruit salad combo: Banana, grapes, melon,
pineapple, tangelo, berries and passionfruit.
What you’ll need:
4 bananas, sliced (Lady Finger or
1 small pineapple peeled, chopped
2 mangoes peeled and chopped
300g cherries, pitted
2 peaches, chopped
1 cup purple grapes sliced
250g strawberries hulled, halved
2 kiwi fruit peeled, chopped
½ cup pistachio kernels, toasted and
Small basil leaves or edible flower, to
Thick greek yoghurt, to serve
¼ cup white sugar
6 large basil leaves
For more recipes visit
OH! MAGAZINE ( DECEMBER 2018 )