OH! Magazine - Australian Version December 2018 - Page 20
( OH YUM )
Food blogger Phoodie shares a recipe that is a stable inclusion
on her favourite breakfast (lunch and dinner) menus!
What you’ll need
2 cups self raising flour
/ 3 cup full cream milk
750g corn (you can use frozen,
tinned or fresh)
½ bunch chives, finely chopped
½ bunch coriander, finely chopped
1 shallot, finely chopped
Butter and extra virgin olive oil
(to coat base of pan when frying)
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon pepper
Makes : 22
How to make them:
1. Sift the self raising flour (alternatively you can use plain flour and
baking powder) into your mixing bowl.
2. Whisk eggs and milk in a smaller bowl, and pour gradually into the
centre of the bowl that is holding the flour. Stir to combine.
3. Gently mix in corn, chives, coriander, shallots and salt and pepper.
4. Turn stove on to medium heat, use just enough butter and extra
virgin olive oil, to generously coat the bottom of your pan.
5. Place large heaped tablespoons of mixture into your pan, (noting
that about six fritters can cook in a large pan at a time). Cook for
approximately two minutes on each side or until a golden colour is
6. Cook in batches making sure to add butter and extra virgin olive oil
to the pan before each round.
7. Serve with your choice of accompaniments – bacon, smoked
salmon, avocado, rocket, eggs and tzatziki all make great
YOU CAN CONTACT PHOODIE VIA:
OH! MAGAZINE ( DECEMBER 2018 )