formal wear , and luxury rubber boots are centre stage to protect feet from the elements with style . Buttery soft leather coats with fur necklines combine comfort with class , and oversize mirrors give this tiny space depth and shine . 106‐270 Waterfront Dr , 204‐942‐8831 .
I shoe store shuffle
Beloved Osborne Village spot Rooster has gained some room to spread it ' s wings . Unique and elegant shoes , socks , and accessories now fill the bright storefront recently vacated by Sew Dandee . The space , next to Rooster ' s sister store , Silver Lotus , is well furnished with light wood and eye-catching displays , and roomy enough for those trying on to strut their stuff . 105 Osborne St , 204‐219‐7008 . — JK
I dining dates
• To Feb 11 : For the third year in a row , pop-up eatery RAW : almond graces the ice on the Assiniboine River . This year the restaurant will have a new geometric look , designed by UK architects OS31 . Communal tables provide an opportunity to forge new friendships while sampling creations by chefs from across North America . Diners itching for cool cuisine can purchase a dinner ticket for $ 100 and a tasting bar ticket for $ 35 . Visit raw-almond . com for more information .
• Feb 2-12 : Ciao ! magazine ' s annual event Dine About Winnipeg presented by Manitoba Pork , is back to warm hearts in the coldest season . Winnipeg ' s ciao ! news
top chefs serve up creative and exciting three-course , prix fixe menus for $ 18 , $ 28 , or $ 38 , enabling restaurant-goers to taste the city on a budget . Call ahead , as reservations are necessary . Menus available on ciaowinnipeg . com , including lunch options , a new addition to this year ' s event .
• Feb 12 : One of the largest charity galas in Winnipeg , A Night To Remember in Brazil , presented by the Alzheimer Society at the RBC Convention Centre , includes live entertainment , a gourmet take on Brazilian cuisine , complimentary bar and a live auction . Purchase tickets online at alzheimer . mb . ca / gala2015 or call 204‐943‐6622 ext 212 .
• Feb 13-14 : Party New Orleans style at Winnipeg Mardi Gras . This huge , Bourbon Street-style party features music , food , and a costume parade . Check out the oyster and wine bar and sample some alligator fritters . Must be 18 or older . Tickets $ 16 , visit winnipegmardigras . com . RBC Convention Centre , 375 York Ave .
• Feb 13-22 : Experience the lifestyle of the couriers du bois at Festival du Voyageur . Highlights of the fest include the Rendez-Vous des Chefs , the annual pea soup contest at which diners can taste and judge variations on this beloved dish , and Fashion on Ice ( pictured ), an outdoor fashion show full of fabulous local finds . Visit festivalvoyageur . mb . ca for more details and events .
• March 6 : The annual Gala Dinner of Culinary Inspiration will take place at the Delta Winnipeg . The gala dinner features food from five acclaimed Winnipeg chefs , a silent auction , music and dancing , and drink pairing by Manitoba
’ s on your plate ?
We service contemporary , collector and classic cars .
1775 Portage Avenue Winnipeg 204-885-5900 www . canadiansupershop . ca
Smoked Salmon Wrap
Deli : Mon-Fri 8am-8pm Sat 8am-5pm , Sun 9am-4pm
Restaurant : Mon-Fri 8am-7:30pm Sat 8am-3:30pm , Sun 9am-2:30pm
Winnipeg ’ s Favourite Deli for more than 28 years !
Corydon Village Mall 1700 Corydon Ave . 204-488-4552 bernsteinsdeli . com
ciao ! / feb / mar / two thousand fifteen 7