Credit for this recipe goes to my aunt, who is an amazing cook and baked and has a food blog - fransfavs.com. These are hands down the yummiest fall treats! Hope y’all enjoy.
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, room temperature
1/2 cup white granulated sugar
2 large or 3 medium baking apples, finely chopped (I used McIntosh apples)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.. Grease a 9x9" inch baking pan.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, whisk flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Set aside.
3. Cream butter with white and brown sugars. Add egg and vanilla; then beat mixture until fluffy. Stir in chopped apples until distributed in batter.
4. Stir the flour mixture into the wet mixture until just blended. Spread the thick batter evenly in the prepared baking dish.
5. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few tender crumbs clinging.
from the Kitchen of Jill Bennett