Candy Cane Slime
If your kids love slime then they’ll enjoy this Christmas one! It’s easy to make and smells like candy canes! Kids will love playing with this Candy Cane Slime as a fun sensory activity.
You will need to make 2 batches of slime. 1 red and 1 white. Repeat these ingredients for each color
- 1 bottle of Elmer’s glue (6 oz) for each batch – For white, use white glue. And for red, use red glitter glue. Note: It's best made with Elmer’s glue. It is recommended you do not substitute with other glue as the make-up may not be the same and the recipe may not work (especially Dollar store glue many people report having problems using this).
- 1 TBSP water optional (will make your slime stretchier)
- 1/2 TBSP Baking Soda
- Glitter optional (added to each color to make it shine more)
- 1 TSP Peppermint Extract optional (added to the glue) to make it scented and smell like a candy cane
- 1 1/2 TBSP of Contact Lens Solution
1. Get a bowl to mix your slime ingredients in.
2. Pour your entire 6 oz Elmer’s Glitter glue into the bowl.
3.Add your 1/2 TBSP of baking soda and mix in thoroughly. Also add 1 TBSP of water here if you want a stretchier slime.
4. Slowly add in your contact lens solution (your contact lens solution should contain boric acid or your slime will not form). Add it in slowly and mix if possible so that you can adjust and ensure you do not add too much. You may not need the full amount so take this step slowly.
5. Now mix until your slime forms and begins to harden. Take it out and knead, knead, knead. You may be surprised how much you need to knead to really make the slime form. If it’s not the desirable consistency keep kneading. If you find it to still be too sticky, add a bit more contact lens solution.
Kids will love stretching these two colored slimes
together. Twist them to make a candy cane or
simply mix them and stretch them together!
with Danielle Natowski
LET'S GET CRAFTY