Pineapple Sheet Cake
Pineapple sheet cake, aka Mexican fruit cake, is a favorite of our family this time of year. It’s also a pretty simple cake to make from scratch. Hope you enjoy it!
2 eggs, beaten
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 20 oz can crushed pineapple, DO NOT drain
1 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
For the frosting
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
2 cups powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9 x 13 baking pan.
2. Using a large mixing bowl, beat eggs with a fork or whisk.
3. Add the sugar and beat well, using a wooden spoon.
4. Add the flour and baking soda and mix with a wooden spoon. Do not use a mixer.
5. Add in the can of crushed pineapple (remember, DO NOT drain)
6. Add the chopped walnuts and stir until well blended.
7. Pour into the greased and floured 9 x 13 pan and bake for 45 minutes.
8. For the frosting
1 .Whip the softened cream cheese and butter together with an electric mixer.
2 .Slowly add the powdered sugar and vanilla and beat until everything is
smooth and blended.
3. Spread on the cooled cake.
from the Kitchen of Laura Isola