Announcing the Arkansas Good Medicine Fellowship
Make an impact on your rural community : Join us for a one-year program — 12-weeks online curriculum , 3-months planning and 6-months implementation of a health care transformational project .
• Receive a $ 1,200 / mo . stipend for the year-long program Gain knowledge through the program curriculum • Make a positive impact on your community
Program goals :
• Enhance leadership skills
• Improve understanding of how social factors affect health
• Disseminate strategies to implement trauma-informed care
• Teach methods to build team- based care
• Improve quality
Curriculum includes learning modules , case studies , assigned readings and discussions .
The training will identify best practices for trauma-informed care for adverse childhood experiences ( ACEs ), opioid abuse , mental health care and childhood obesity .
Minimum requirements :
• Practicing two years as a MD , DO or PA
• Practice in the field of internal medicine , family medicine , general practice or pediatrics
• Practice in a rural setting as defined by HRSA or in a medically underserved area
• Medical license in good standing
Deadline to apply : Jan . 17 , 2021 | Apply online : info . afmc . org / agm Questions ? ARgoodmedicine @ afmc . org
ARKANSAS GOOD MEDICINE IS A COLLABORATIVE WORK OF THE ARKANSAS FOUNDATION OF MEDICAL CARE ( AFMC ), THE ARKANSAS COLLEGE OF OSTEOPATHIC MEDICINE ( ARCOM ) AND ARcare , A FEDERALLY QUALIFIED HEALTH CENTER . THE FELLOWSHIP IS GRANT FUNDED BY THE U . S . DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES ’ HEALTH RESOURCES AND SERVICES ADMINISTRATION .
146 • The Journal of the Arkansas Medical Society www . ArkMed . org