RALPH LAUREN ESCAPES TO ROBLOX THIS WINTER
Games , social shopping , and limited-edition merch are among Ralph Lauren ' s offers in The Winter Escape , its metaverse experience on Roblox . The American designer label created the destination where fashionable VR enthusiasts can play a series of activities , such as customizing hot chocolate at Ralph ' s Coffee Truck , trying on sport-inspired pieces at The Polo Shops , or voting on new daily rewards with Cheer .
Some 1,283 active users have already made more than 3 million visits there since its launch on September 30 . They got exclusive access to drops like new free accessories available each week through the Treasure Hunt , and shopped limited accessories this past December 17 ( 9-10 am & 6-7 pm ) and 18 ( noon to 2 pm ). Another loyalty-generating strategy : The chance to earn badges ( e . g ., a Polo alpine jacket or sport beanie ).
BENETTON PUTS SAFETY IN THE SPOTLIGHT
The Benetton Group , which is known for having embracing diversity in marketing well before it was expected or even popular to do so , has embraced a new cause . It wants to raise consumer awareness of the care that it places in making its garment safe , especially children ' s wear . In fact , as the Italian brand notes on its website , shoppers can now find the Dress Safely label on children ' s products from the United Colors of Benetton , Undercolors of Benetton , and Sisley Young collections . As for what dressing safely actually means , well the company explains it at length on the site under the Sustainability Tab .
In a nutshell , Benetton Group ' s CSR promise encompasses some core ethical governance principles :
• Respect for international safety parameters regarding the presence of chemicals that are potentially dangerous to consumers ' health and elements that have a risk of choking or entrapment for chidlren
• Strict production controls through independent lab testing
• Traceability and analysis of materials all along the supply chain
• Environmental sustainability of production processes
• Setting ambitious objectives that go beyond international standards and continue to evolve through open and transparent dialog with consumers From these top-level principles , the group drills down to specifics for consumers who , more than ever , tie corporate governance to their buying decisions . That includes details on the use hypoallergenic and non-carcinogenic colorants and the banning of anything that contains harmful phthalates and formaldehyde . And those children ' s wear pieces , their specs are scrutinized for small parts , strings , and cords .
The Sustainability tab also doubles as a blog highlighting more mindful practices and accolades the group has received for its efforts .
click on the window to view The Winter Escape video click icon to view in our digital edition
PAGE : 22