Major Provisions of the Families First Coronavirus Response Act FFRCA Analysis Webinar - ACI - March 24, 2020 - FI - Page 7
EMERGENCY FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE
EXPANSION ACT (EFMLEA)
• Updates to current FMLA guidelines.
• Effective April 2, 2020 through December 31, 2020.
• Applies to all private employers with fewer than 500 or more than 50
employees, and public agencies.
• Small business with 50 employees or less may be exempt.
• Employees are eligible following 30 consecutive days of employment.
• Benefits of up to 12 weeks of job-protected leave.
• Provided if an employee is unable to work or telework because their
child, under the age of 18, has had their school or childcare service
closed due to a public health emergency.