physiological benefits that positive emotions generate in your body, such as boosting your immune system
and coherent heart-rhythm. On the other hand, being around negative emotions can create a nervous
system and heart chaos, as well as influence the physical structure of your brain, because stress conveyed
to you by others affects your heart and brain in the same way as your own stress.
To make matters worse, negative emotions exert a more powerful effect in social situations than positive
ones. ?Anger and resentment are the most contagious of emotions,? says Dr. Steven Stosny, an expert in
anger management in relationships. He further states, If you are near a resentful or angry person, you are
more prone to become resentful or angry yourself.
Equally important to how negative people affect us is how the emotional content of the news, films, books,
and television programs impact our psychological health. According to Graham C. L. Davey, Ph.D., they can
do this by directly affecting our mood, and our attitude can then change many aspects of our thinking and
behavior. For this reason, not only will they make you sad and anxious, but they are also likely to
exacerbate your own personal worries and anxieties.
HOW TO COUNTERACT THE EFFECTS OF ENVIRONMENTAL TOXINS
Due to the nature of these toxins we can?t avoid all of them. However, there are simple measures we you
can take to counteract the effects of exposure to these toxins. Start with identifying and making a list of all
chemical, metals and toxic people you are being exposed to and eliminate them as much as possible. Here
are some suggestions:
- Purchase organic or wil dcraf t ed produce. In particular, replace in your diet conventionally grown
strawberries, apples, celery, cucumbers, corn, soy, grapes, spinach, and potatoes since they contain the
highest amounts of pesticides.
- Repl ace Tef l on, st ainl ess st eel , and pl ast ic cooking utensils with less toxic options, such as glass dishes,
ceramic-coated pots and pans, and cast-iron skillets.
- Use wood ut ensil s to cook instead of plastic-coated or metal utensils.
- Use chl orine-f ree parchment paper instead of aluminum foil.
- Replace your plastic food storage containers with gl ass cont ainers. If you use plastic, use BPA-f ree pl ast ic
(including storage bags).
- Remove chemicals such as f l uoride and chl orine f rom your wat er.
- Add air-cl eaning housepl ant s to your home such as aloe vera,
spider plant, dracaena, ficus, peace lily, Boston fern, snake plant,
and bamboo palm, or use an air purifier.
- Minimize your use of convent ional personal care items such as
shampoos, lotions, cleansers, makeup, antiperspirants, and
perfumes and replace them with clean brands.
- Use EMF prot ect ion devices.
- As much as possible evade t oxic peopl e that can drag you down
whether in the form of negativity, cruelty, victim syndrome, stress
- Make new f riends.
- Set a boundary with a friend or family member
- Minimize or eliminate your exposure to the negative emotional content of t he news, films, books, and
- Cl eanse and purif y your body wit h t he hel p of herbs such as dandelion, burdock, yellow dock, sassafras,