The grade listed for each camp refers to the grade campers will have completed at the end of the current school year . Please refer to the specific age / grade requirement as detailed for each individual camp . If your child is currently in Kindergarten or 1st grade , please contact the main office at 847.234.6700 to be sure we have a grade indicated in our files .
CAMP STAFF AND TRAINING
A qualified adult director supervises each camp . Counselors at each camp are mature and enthusiastic college and high school students . All camp staff complete an extensive training program that includes supervision and safety techniques , activity development , and first aid .
CHANGE IN CAMP LOCATIONS
Though we do our best to secure camp locations in advance , occasionally we must relocate our camp due to last minute construction needs from the public schools or insufficient enrollment numbers necessitating consolidation of sections . If this should occur , you will always be given the choice of a full refund or a transfer to an alternate available camp .
Information regarding campers enrolled in our programs is confidential . For your family ’ s safety , staff is not allowed to release phone numbers and addresses of other campers .
We are requesting your cooperation in partnering with us to ensure a safe environment for children with nut allergies . Lake Forest Parks & Recreation Department has identified these operational practices for everyone to follow :
• Parents with children that have a nut allergy are requested to list this information on their registration form in the medical conditions section and notify the staff as soon as possible .
• When we are notified of a nut allergy and we know the severity of the allergy , we will notify families registered in that particular program . If the allergy is life-threatening , the program environment will automatically become a nut-free zone .
• For programs designated nut-free , we will ask all families to cooperate by packing lunches and supplying snacks that do not contain any nut or nut by-products
• Unfortunately , due to ever-changing processing practices and product ingredients , it is not feasible for us to provide you with a comprehensive list of what items to avoid . This is where we need your assistance . We ask that parents take a few minutes when preparing a lunch or snack to review the list of ingredients on each item prior to packing it . We recognize that this may be an inconvenience for your child ’ s food choices , but the safety of another child ’ s life must take precedence .
• Staff will do their best to monitor foods that may pose a potential harm to the allergic child ; however , since many items may be without their original packaging and since we have so many children in each program , it is not feasible to inspect every food item from every child to ensure compliance .
Thank you in advance for your cooperation ! Should you have questions with this practice , do not hesitate to give us a call .
Photos are periodically taken of participants in our programs . Please be advised that these photos are for the Parks & Recreation Department ’ s use only and may be used in future brochures , flyers , or public relations . If you do not want your photo publicized , please contact the Parks & Recreation Department at 847.234.6700 .
The Friends of Lake Forest Park & Recreation Foundation recognizes that there are community residents who may suffer from economic setbacks that might preclude their participation in Recreation programs . The Friends Foundation has graciously set up an annual fund to help those in need . If such a need exists , please contact the Superintendent of Recreation , Joe Mobile , at 847.810.3941 , or pick up a scholarship application from the front office . A request for a scholarship must be made prior to and approved before signing up .
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of information contained within this brochure . However , errors can occur and circumstances may require adjustments to fees , schedules , locations , or other information . Lake Forest Parks and Recreation Department reserves the right to make such adjustments and apologizes for any inconvenience these errors or adjustments may cause .
WITHDRAWAL / REFUND POLICY
SUMMER CAMPS ( with deposit option ): For withdrawal requests received in writing no later than May 31 , 2022 , a credit equal to 90 % of the fee paid for the camp will be placed on your account .
From June 1 , 2022 until before the 1st meeting of the second week of the camp , a credit equal to 80 % of the camp fee will be placed on your account .
No refunds will be given after the 1st meeting of the second week , except in the case of documented medical reasons or moving out of the area .
ALL OTHER CAMPS AND PROGRAMS ( that do not offer a deposit option ): For withdrawal requests received in writing no later than 7 days prior to the beginning of the class , a credit equal to 90 % of the fee paid for the class will be placed on your account .
From 6 days prior to the start of class until before the 3rd meeting of the class , a credit equal to 80 % of the class fee will be placed on your account .
No refunds will be given after the 3rd meeting except in the case of documented medical reasons or moving out of the area .
If you are in need of an Inclusion Companion through NSSRA , please contact Joe Mobile at MobileJ @ cityoflakeforest . com .
16 www . LFParksandRec . com