Nurturing a Healthier Planet
Growing anything requires healthy soil and plenty of work . At KeHE , we ’ re not afraid to get our hands dirty today to support a more fertile , sustainable future for tomorrow .
We continue to make progress toward reducing transportation emissions by implementing new technology and increasing our MPG . We are on track for a 20 % reduction in emissions by 2030 .
• 7 % of our yard jockeys are electric — and each electric yard jockey helps us save 2,454 gallons of fuel every year .
• The U . S . Environmental Protection Agency recognizes KeHE as a registered SmartWay ® Transport Partner for our willingness and capacity to fully integrate freight sustainability into our operations and corporate culture .
• We have Shorepower at seven KeHE locations , saving us approximately 72,277 gallons of diesel , or 1,617,563 pounds of CO 2 e , which is equivalent to the carbon sequestered by 875 acres of forest in a year .
We are on track for a 50 % reduction in food waste and 90 % of landfill diversion by 2030 , with significant improvements throughout the year .
By investing in a different refrigerant type , our warehouses are on track to reduce Global Warming Potential ( GWP ) from refrigerants by 2030 :
• Our Dallas DC reduced the GWP from refrigerants by 85 %.
• Our new Miami location will reduce the GWP by 70 % over the Fort Lauderdale DC it is replacing .
27 KEHE GOODNESS REPORT 2022-2023