editor ’ s question
n the world of
I cyber-physical systems ( CPS ) security , we will see all kinds of different things come together that were historically separate entities or processes :
• Market consolidations with M & A activities : We ’ ll see the consolidation of solutions on the market with more M & A activity , considering the economic recession and the market needs , as larger companies scoop up smaller providers that are focused on specific verticals or use cases .
• Increased connectivity and IT / OT convergence : Digital Transformation as well as the recent events , such as COVID and the economic recession , will accelerate connectivity and the convergence of Operational Technology ( OT ) and IT systems , with more IoT assets coming into the mix as well , while companies are focusing on being more productive and competitive in this environment .
• Industry cross-pollination : This in turn goes along with closer integrations between industries that were previously isolated from one another . For example , hospitals focused on securing medical devices will need to broaden their focus to cover building management systems ( BMS ) as they begin to realise that the operability of elevators and HVAC systems can have an even greater impact on patient care than infusion pumps or MRI machines .
• Tech stack expansion : The combination of all these trends will cause security vendors and their partners to expand their tech stacks in order to be more compatible
Another trend that fits this theme is closer collaboration between the government and the private sector on cybersecurity .
and reduce inefficiencies . As their customers ’ networks and attack surfaces expand , vendors and partners will also need to extend their capabilities and services across these converged networks .
• Public-private sector collaboration : Another trend that fits this theme is closer collaboration between the government and the private sector on cybersecurity , as CPS security has become inextricably linked to geopolitical and economic stability .
YANIV VARDI , CEO AT CLAROTY
• More transparency : Lastly , device manufacturers will step up in providing deeper levels of transparency and security across the supply chain via Software Bills of Materials ( SBOMs ) and will take more ownership in protecting their product lines as a result . u
Device manufacturers will step up in providing deeper levels of transparency and security across the supply chain .
30 www . intelligentciso . com