TRENDING tenant and / or private cloud infrastructure , while over half ( 56 %) said they plan to run serverless applications . A total of 28 % say their applications currently run on serverless technology , including functions such as automating workflows , scaling IoT apps , enabling virtual assistants / chatbots and running SaaS functions .
When asked how cloud is aiding innovation :
• 50 % say it is improving customer experience and ease of use
• 45 % say is enabling faster testing and deployment of new products and services
• 43 % say it is providing limitless compute and storage
• 34 % say it is enhancing personalized experiences for customers
The survey was conducted by Coleman Parkes in April 2022 and targeted 1,420 senior IT decision makers across multiple key sectors in the USA , LATAM , EMEA and APAC .
• 31 % say it provides the ability to scale up and down on demand
Security driving need for outside expertise
Survey respondents cited security as the most important factor to consider when choosing a cloud environment ( 37 %), ahead of scalability ( 36 %), compliance ( 33 %) and flexibility / agility ( 24 %). Security is also the leading reason companies use external partners . In addition , more than half of respondents ( 51 %) cite security as their biggest barrier to using serverless . p
26 INTELLIGENTCIO NORTH AMERICA www . intelligentcio . com