INFOGRAPHIC as they are confronting a vast array of unique challenges , from the increasing use of AI and automation to talent acquisition in a global , remote workforce .
• CIOs find it most difficult to solve challenges related to data privacy / security ( 66 %), cybersecurity / ransomware ( 66 %), keeping up with technological change ( 65 %), managing fragmented IT vendor ecosystems ( 61 %) and adopting / deploying new technology ( 60 %).
• The majority of CIOs believe their role in the organization has increased in influence .
• More than three-in-four CIOs say they have a greater impact on their company ’ s overall fortunes than other C-suite positions .
• 88 % agree that ‘ my role as CIO is the most critical component of my company or organization ’ s continued operation .’
• As the CIO role expands and evolves , respondents say that their technology vendors play an invaluable role in their company ’ s overall success .
• Business would feel an impact in no more than a few weeks if they halted spending on Digital Transformation initiatives , according to 61 % of respondents . This speaks to technology ’ s role
as a critical component of the business , not just a source of cost efficiencies .
• Looking ahead , CIOs expect to turn to their vendors to help them solve a myriad problems in the next five years , including increasing their organizational agility ( 60 %) and providing security of their company ’ s systems and operations ( 52 %), as well as to simplify the configuration , deployment and maintenance of technology ( 50 %) and optimize costs ( 43 %).
• Eight-in-10 CIOs agree their tech vendors are ‘ so effectively integrated that it increases ( their ) overall productivity .’
• Considering their new challenges and evolving responsibilities , CIOs suggest their current tech stack has much room for improvement .
• Given the chance to reboot from scratch , most CIOs ( 57 %) say they would replace half or more of their company ’ s current technology .
• Compared to the previous year , 63 % of companies are using more Device-as-a- Service in their tech stack .
• As business models change , nearly all CIOs ( 92 %) would definitely or probably consider adding new aaS offerings over the next two years . p
www . intelligentcio . com INTELLIGENTCIO NORTH AMERICA 29