EDITOR ’ S QUESTION
FELIPE SILGADO , HEAD OF CYBERSECURITY SERVICES ,
CIOs who successfully lead organizations in an evolving digital environment can provide a cohesive vision toward moving the organization to one entity and becoming change agents . To do this , they must consider aspects such as :
• Having a specially assembled team with the skills and talents required by the organization . The CIO can evaluate the current team , train it , and seek and attract external talent .
The CIOs of the future are business technology leaders , not administrative managers , as they help drive innovation and business results . By doing it , CIOs are good assets to the organization and its customers .
• Develop a product-centric IT operating model ( Experience Design , Design Thinking and Dynamic budget ). The CIO can start with customer-facing digital products .
• Build a modern enterprise architecture . The CIO must ensure that its employees understand the business and can respond quickly to market events and competitor actions .
• Introduce ‘ Security by Design ’ and the Zero Trust model . The CIO can adopt this principle for all new technology initiatives and migrate their current technology to Zero Trust .
• Take advantage of value-based managed services . CIOs should look beyond traditional service level agreements and pricing agreements and focus on integrating their vendors with their business strategy .
• Adopt modern software innovation and delivery practices . To do this , CIOs can help their companies innovate faster and with less risk by building and deploying IT systems using modern development and security practices ( DevSecOps ).
• Adopt a cloud-centric IT strategy . CIOs choose the cloud as an enabler of DevSecOps and ‘ security by design ’.
• Develop next-generation IT operations . To achieve this , CIOs can take advantage of technologies that work from the cloud to manage on-premises platforms , integrate automation into all layers of IT support and treat data as an asset .
The CIOs of the future are business technology leaders , not administrative managers , as they help drive innovation and business results . By doing it , CIOs are good assets to the organization and its customers while attracting and retaining ambitious and creative engineers , developers and data scientists .
34 INTELLIGENTCIO LATAM www . intelligentcio . com