automation to talent acquisition in a global , remote workforce .
• CIOs find it most difficult to solve challenges related to data privacy / security ( 66 %), cybersecurity / ransomware ( 66 %), keeping up with technological change ( 65 %), managing fragmented IT vendor ecosystems ( 61 %) and adopting / deploying new technology ( 60 %).
• The majority of CIOs believe their role in the organization has increased in influence .
82 % say the CIO role has become more challenging compared with just two years ago .
• As the CIO role expands and evolves , respondents say that their technology vendors play an invaluable role in their company ’ s overall success .
• Business would feel an impact in no more than a few weeks if they halted spending on Digital Transformation initiatives , according to 61 % of respondents . This speaks to technology ’ s role as a critical component of the business , not just a source of cost efficiencies .
• Looking ahead , CIOs expect to turn to their vendors to help them solve a myriad problems in the next five years , including increasing their organizational agility ( 60 %) and providing security of their company ’ s systems and operations ( 52 %), as well as to simplify the configuration , deployment and maintenance of technology ( 50 %) and optimize costs ( 43 %).
• Eight-in-10 CIOs agree their tech vendors are ‘ so effectively integrated that it increases [ their ] overall productivity .’
• Considering their new challenges and evolving responsibilities , CIOs suggest their current tech stack has much room for improvement .
• Given the chance to reboot from scratch , most CIOs ( 57 %) say they would replace half or more of their company ’ s current technology .
• Compared to the previous year , 63 % of
• More than three-in-four CIOs say they have a greater impact on their company ’ s overall fortunes than other C-suite positions .
• 88 % agree that ‘ my role as CIO is the most critical component of my company or organization ’ s continued operation .’ companies are using more Device-as-a-Service in their tech stack .
• As business models change , nearly all CIOs ( 92 %) would definitely or probably consider adding new aaS offerings over the next two years .
24 INTELLIGENTCIO LATAM www . intelligentcio . com