• More than one-in-four ( 26 %) cited SD-WAN as a key priority
• 35 % cited moving to the cloud as a top priority
Key findings by country :
While more than one-in-three ( 34 %) specifically called out enabling a remote workforce as a priority , all the technologies prioritised across the regions are critical in helping IT decision-makers enable the agile , secure , hybrid workforce of the future .
Keri Gilder , CEO , Colt Technology Services , said : “ We ’ re experiencing one of the most monumental periods of change in our history . Connected digital technologies have already transformed the way we live and work . Right now , AI , Machine Learning and the Metaverse are fundamentally changing the way we engage , transact and interact , but these technologies will only reach their full potential if they ’ re built on agile , scalable digital networks .”
Gilder continued : “ Our research reflects this : we ’ re seeing IT managers prioritise secure , agile networking capabilities like SD-WAN and cloud alongside security , AI and the Metaverse . As we head deeper into the latest industrial revolution , it ’ s digital infrastructure ’ s time to shine .”
• Japan : IT decision-makers in Japan were most focused on improving network flexibility , with almost six-in-10 ( 59 %) citing it as a priority . Rolling out SD-WAN solutions was named by 44 %, followed by 42 % prioritising improving security – the lowest of all countries .
• Singapore : IT decision-makers in Singapore cited improving security ( 54 %) and network flexibility ( 49 %) as key priorities , followed by new collaboration and communications applications ( 43 ).
• Hong Kong : 45 % of IT decision-makers surveyed in Hong Kong cited enabling a remote workforce as a top priority – the highest of all countries in the survey . Over half ( 55 %) said they are prioritising security and 42 % new collaboration and communications applications .
• France : 53 % of IT decision-makers listed improving security in their top three priorities . New collaboration and communication applications were
26 INTELLIGENTCIO EUROPE www . intelligentcio . com