Jacqueline Jayne , Security Awareness Advocate for APAC at KnowBe4 safe requires a combined effort from the government , business leaders , IT departments and employees alike . There is no panacea or magic technology solution that will protect your business . Everyone needs to be educated about potential threats and how to avoid them .”
Worryingly , fewer than half ( 45 %) of APAC IT decision makers believe that it is everyone ’ s responsibility to protect the organization from cyberattacks .
• 33 % believe it is the IT department ’ s responsibility
• 21 % believe it is the employee ’ s responsibility
• 22 % believe it is the government ’ s responsibility , and more than a quarter ( 27 %) say technology should be protecting the organization from cyberattacks .
The employee view :
• Providing more training for businesses on cyberrisks ( 42 %), and Providing more funding for businesses for cyber protection ( 38 %).
Given the IT department ’ s lack of clarity , it is unsurprising that employees are also unaware of who is responsible for cybersecurity :
Who is responsible ?
Jayne continues : “ The reality is that cyberthreats are so pervasive that keeping individuals and businesses
• Almost a quarter ( 24 %) say technology should be protecting the organization from cyberattacks .
• 21 % believe it is the IT department ’ s responsibility , and 11 % believe it is the government ’ s responsibility .
24 INTELLIGENTCIO APAC www . intelligentcio . com