• Data leakage – this was the # 1 concern among almost all countries surveyed , with an outlier being the US , where ‘ Ransomware ’ made it to the # 1 spot .
• Ransomware – this was the # 2 concern among almost all countries surveyed , with an outlier being the US , where ‘ Data leakage ’ made it to the # 2 spot .
• Attack via remote worker connections made it to # 3 for almost all countries surveyed , with an outlier in the EMEA roll-up , where ‘ Direct attack through cloud services made it to # 3 .
Another interesting find by comparing each region / country was with respect to where organisations identified the source of a breach . The following is another sample comparing some of these reports :
• Wi-Fi access point – this was the # 1 source of breaches for almost all countries
• Cloud infrastructure or application – was the # 2 source of breaches for almost all countries
43 % of respondents pegged the cost of a breach to US $ 1 million or more . There are many great examples of how organisations respond to the new workforce environment , with many similarities between regions and countries . p
The report highlights that moving to a remote work environment contributed to an increase in security incidents .
www . intelligentcio . com INTELLIGENTCIO AFRICA 69