NURSING SPECIALITIES KEY :
• Minimum Education required
• Certification credential
• Certifications required
• Possible employment
• Reference / Resources
• Experience needed
• Professional Organization
Perianesthesia Nurse Perianesthesia nurses , sometimes called recovery room nurses , care for patients during all phases of pre-anesthesia and post-anesthesia , ambulatory surgery , and pain management . These nurses are prepared to address the needs of patients who calmly recover from anesthesia , as well as those with adverse reactions .
• RN ( BSN preferred )
• Certified Post Anesthesia Nurse and / or Certified Ambulatory Perianesthesia Nurse examinations
• Minimum of 1,800 hours of direct perianesthesia clinical experience as an RN during the 2 years prior to application
• CPAN , CAPA
• Hospitals , ambulatory care , out-patient surgery centers , medical / physician offices , military service , correctional facilities
• American Society of PeriAnesthesia Nurses ( www . aspan . org )
Not to be confused with Nurse Anesthetist : For nurses who administer anesthesia to surgery patients , see “ Nurse Anesthetist ” section .
Plastic Surgery Nurse Care for cosmetic surgery patients by prepping for procedures , assisting surgeon during procedures , and providing recovery care in addition to educating patient on procedure and recovery .
• RN , ASN / ADN , or BSN
• Plastic Surgery Nursing Certification board exam
• 2 years in surgical nursing , half of which in plastic surgery
• Hospitals , physicians ’ offices