NURSING SPECIALITIES KEY :
• Minimum Education required
• Certification credential
• Certifications required
• Possible employment
• Reference / Resources
• Experience needed
• Professional Organization
Occupational Health Nurse Occupational health nurses / professionals take responsibility for employee care . They have a responsibility to advocate for organizational policies that help to recognize occupational hazards and advocate for new and safe technologies .
• RN , LPN , BSN *, MSN *, MBA *, PhD *, EdD *, DNP * (* Preferred )
• Occupational Health Nurse certification exam
• 3,000 hours of experience in occupational health
• COHN , COHN-S
• Hospitals ( acute care settings ), Continuing Care ( i . e . longterm and assisted living centers ), Ambulatory care centers , Out-patient surgery centers , Medical / physician offices , Home healthcare , Military service , Community health settings
• Association of Occupational Health Professionals in Healthcare ( www . aohp . org
• Resources : “ The World of Occupational Health Nursing ” By E . Lukes and P . Moore ( Vol 57 , No 1 – January 2010 ) Read at : http :// bit . ly / 2jeXfNW
Oncology Nurse Oncology nursing is both challenging and rewarding , combining both the science and art of nursing . Exciting advances in treatment continure to increase the number of cancer survivors . From diagnosis , through the various treatment modalities , to survivorship or end-of-life care , oncology nurses support patients and their families in managing the physical , emotional , spiritual , social and fiscal aspects of cancer .
• RN , ASN / ADN ( BSN Preferred )
• Oncology Nursing Certification
• Two years ( 24 months ) of experience as an RN within the four years ( 48 months ) prior to application ; minimum of 2,000 hours of adult oncology nursing practice within the four years ( 48 months ) prior to application .
• OCN ® , CPHON , BMTCN , CBCN
• Hospitals ( acute care settings ), medical / physician offices , home healthcare , military service , hospice , ambulatory care centers
• Oncology Nursing Society ( www . ONS . org )
Also see “ Pediatric Hematology / Oncology Nurse ” section .