NSNA Leadership University Honor Society The NSNA Leadership University Honor Society recognizes NSNA members who participate in leadership activities at the school chapter , state association and NSNA nationally . This can mean being an active member of a school , state , and / or national : Board of Directors ; chair or member of a committee / team ; SNA project / activity involvement ; Project InTouch Recruiter ; state or national delegate or annual meeting representative ; resolution author ; candidate for office ; or other leadership involvement as deemed appropriate by the SNA . The goal of the Honor Society is to prepare future nurse leaders . As students transition to graduate nurses , they will be prepared to participate in shared governance where they begin their nursing career as well as in professional nursing and community organizations .
NSNA membership is required . However , there are no additional dues , and no GPA requirements . Simply include your leadership involvement on the Honor Society application . Your faculty advisor or state consultant will be asked to validate the application .
All Honor Society members receive a Leadership University patch and Certificate of Recognition . Honor Society pins and cords are available for purchase .
All NSNA members are invited to launch their Professional Identity Formation in Nursing through participation in the inaugural NSNA Leadership University Honor Society . Enroll in the Honor Society by participating in leadership at the school , state , or national level . You will qualify by serving in a leadership position ( i . e ., elected or appointed to the Board of Directors , chapter committees , and participation in projects / activities as determined by your chapter ) and attending state association and NSNA virtual and / or live meetings . Not a member ? Join now at : www . nsnamembership . org
16 NSNA IMPRINT • JANUARY 2022 • www . nsna . org
The purposes of NSNA Leadership U are to :
• Link NSNA participation in professional values development and professional identity formation in nursing ;
• Develop competencies that future leaders and managers need to provide for the health care needs of society ;
• Guide student learning in shared governance ;
• Validate that learning has taken place ;
• Provide formal recognition by inducting NSNA members who participate in leadership and management skill development into the NSNA Leadership U Honor Society ;
• Assist students in developing a professional curriculum vitae and online portfolio ;
• Create opportunities for mentor-protégé relationships and peer networks for development and growth ;
• Recognize faculty who support student participation in NSNA leadership activities with a personalized certificate .
• The Honor Society application must be completed and verified by faculty advisor or state consultant for induction into the Honor Society .
The Alliance of Nurses for Healthy Environments ’ ( ANHE ) Student Nurse Committee is now accepting applications for 2022 ! Student Nurse Committee members explore their passion for environmental health , engage in peer learning and sharing , and collaborate on a project on environmental health . As members of the committee , student nurses will learn valuable leadership skills and connect and collaborate with fellow students and nursing leaders from across the country . This is a great opportunity for students to build leadership skills and learn more about environmental health issues . Application deadline : February 15 , 2022 Apply Here