NURSING SPECIALITIES KEY :
• Minimum Education required
• Certification credential
• Certifications required
• Possible employment
• Reference / Resources
• Experience needed
• Professional Organization
Military Nurse With specialized training , care for military personnel . Whether overseas or at home , duties are typical of other nurses as they administer medication , treat wounds , set up triage , etc .
• RN , ASN / ADN or BSN ( BSN preferred , sometimes required )
• No certification . Completion of training program after enlisting in a branch of the Armed Forces .
• Military bases , war zones , naval ships
• Resources : Navy Nursing ” by Mark Calogero ( Vol 60 , No 1 – January 2013 ) Read at http :// bit . ly / 2kzeJ4B
Missionary Nurse Provide healthcare and spiritual care in other countries . Set up clinics in under-served areas , educate patients on selfcare and often participate in humanitarian work .
• RN , ASN / ADN or BSN
• No certification . Some missionary nurses pursue seminary / religious training and / or foreign language education .
• Foreign / developing countries
• No general association . Various organizations such as Mennonite Nurses Association , Global Ministries of Missionary Nurses , Nurses for Africa , and Nurses Christian Fellowship .
• Resources : www . nsna . me / LclTcn
“ A Closer Look at Mission Nursing ” by Connie Herron and Jane Dannhausen ( Vol 59 , No 1 – January 2012 ). Read at http :// bit . ly / 2jJkjjT