NURSING SPECIALITIES KEY :
• Minimum Education required
• Certification credential
• Certifications required
• Possible employment
• Reference / Resources
• Experience needed
• Professional Organization
Holistic Nurse Become trained and proficient in using holistic , complementary a nd integrative healing modalities ( including but not limited to nutrition , yoga , acupressure , aromatherapy , hypnosis , massage , art and music therapy , etc .) to support the whole person ’ s body , mind , emotions , spirit and relationships . Integrate self-responsibility , self-reflection , self-care and spirituality into nursing practice .
• ADN or BSN
• Holistic Nurse-Board Certification ( and Advanced Holistic Nurse-Board Certified )
• 1 year ( full-time )— or 2,000 hours over 5 years ( part-time )— with 48 continuing education hours within 2 years .
• HN-BC , HNB-BC , AHN-BC , APHN-BC
• Integrated care , birthing centers , home care , oncology units
• Resources : “ Holistic Nursing : A Way of Being , a Way of Living , a Way of Practice ” By Lucia Thornton Read at http :// bit . ly / 2kFHfRj
Hospice Nurse Care for dying patients through pain management and educational / emotional support to patients and their families . Because hospice patients have terminal illness , the hospice nurse aids them in living out the rest of their days with dignity , and as comfortably as possible .
• RN , ASN / ADN , or BSN
• Hospice and Palliative Licensed Nurse certification exam
• 2 years in related field
• Hospice care facilities , home care
Also see “ Palliative Nurse ” section .