NURSING SPECIALITIES KEY :
• Minimum Education required
• Certification credential
• Certifications required
• Possible employment
• Reference / Resources
• Experience needed
• Professional Organization
Clinical Research Nurse Clinical Research Nurses ( CRNs ) must balance the care needs of the patient / volunteer who is participating in clinical research with the needs of the research protocol . CRNs care for research participants ranging from healthy volunteers to critically ill patients . CRNs are an integral member of the clinical research team . Team responsibilities may include contributing to protocol development and implementation , providing specialized care , data collection , data management , interpretation of findings . The specialized skills and knowledge of the CRN focus on ( 1 ) human subjects protection , ( 2 ) care coordination and continuity , ( 3 ) research study implementation and management , ( 4 ) clinical practice and ( 5 ) contributing to science .
• ( Minimum education requirement ): RN , ASN / ADN , BSN
• Hospitals ( acute care settings ), Continuing care ( i . e . long-term and assisted living centers ), ambulatory care centers , out-patient surgery centers , medical / physician offices , military service , community health settings , contract research organization
Dermatology Nurse Involves screening for skin cancer , treatment of skin conditions / diseases , biopsies , research , and dermatological surgery ( including plastic surgery ).
• LPN , ASN / ADN or BSN
• Dermatology Certification Examination
• 2 years ( 2,000 hours )
• Private physician ’ s or plastic surgeon ’ s office , hospital burn unit