LITERATURE IN ENGLISH
Exam Board - EDEXCEL
Offers learners the opportunity to read, interpret, evaluate and respond to a range of literature in English.
The range includes drama, prose and poetry from the works of Shakespeare to contemporary literature.
This course enables learners to deepen their understanding and appreciation of the ways in which writers use English to express meaning and achieve effects.
Cambridge IGCSE Literature in English will stimulate learners to read for pleasure and to explore wider and universal issues, promoting a better understanding of themselves and the world.
LITERATURE IN SPANISH
Exam Board - CAMBRIDGE INTERNATIONAL
Candidates will sit two examinations component
Reading Passages (Extended) 2 hours (50%) Component
Directed Writing and Composition 2 hours (50%)
Course Description: The syllabus aims are to encourage and develop students ’ability to:
• enjoy the experience of reading literature;
• understand and respond to literary texts in different forms and from different periods and cultures;
• communicate an informed personal response appropriately and effectively;
• appreciate different ways in which writers achieve their effects;
• experience literature’s contribution to aesthetic, imaginative and intellectual growth;
• explore the contribution of literature to an understanding of areas of human concern.
Set texts for Paper 1: the set texts will change; these are the ones we study now.
Candidates must answer on one set text in each section.Lovers of Teruel, Juan Eugenio Hartzenbusch (Clasicos Castalia) - Drama
Chronicle of an announced death, Gabriel García Márquez (Debolsillo) –Prose
Like water for chocolate, Laura Esquivel (Debolsillo) - Prose