Answer the questions on the Vet360 App. Available from the Itunes/Play Store!
Alternative method: Complete your CPD on the traditional webplatform or SMS system follow the link from
1. Which organ is considered the sample of choice for
post mortal investigation of copper levels?
E. Lung. 6. Which of the following biochemical processes is
zinc not involved?
A. DNA replication.
B. Protein synthesis.
C. Carbohydrate metabolism.
D. Lipid metabolism.
E. Calcium metabolism.
2. What is the minimum amount of liver tissue
required to be able to perform mineral analysis?
A. 1 g.
B. 2 g.
C. 5 g.
D. 10 g.
E. 20 g. 7. Which of the following is central in the
pathogenesis of the musculoskeletal abnormalities
observed with manganese deficiency?
A. Abnormal osteoid production.
B. Increased degradation of cartilage.
C. Impaired endochondral ossification.
D. Excessive periosteal bone formation.
E. Increased osteoclastic resorption of bone.
3. Which of the following routes of trace mineral
supplementation would have the highest risk of
possi ble toxicity complications?
A. Injectable preparations.
B. Oral dosing preparations.
C. Water soluble preparations by the drinking water.
D. Top dressing of forrage.
E. Top dressing of soils.
4. Which of the following conditions have been
associated with selenium poisoning.
A. White muscle disease.
B. Retained placenta.
D. Massive hepatic necrosis.
5. Which of the following musculoskeletal disorders
have been reported with copper deficiency in the
A. Spina bifida.
8. In iron overload disorders in which of the
following visceral organ does iron pigment most
9. For which of the following trace elements would
bone tissue analysis not be considered reliable?
10. Which of the following are not considered one of
the classic osteodystrophies?
B. Hypertrophic osteopathy.
E. Fibrous osteodystrophy.