Fiscal Year 2019 Annual Report AR19 Final - Page 17
Judge Ed Emmett Mental
Health Diversion Center
This voluntary program serves as a
one-stop shop for law enforcement to
divert (from jail) persons with mental
illness who have been picked up for
low-level, non-violent offenses, like
The service array includes:
• Triage, assessment, 24-48 hour observation,and
short-term crisis respite beds.
• Peer engagement and psychosocial-rehabilitation.
• Integrated care and individual treatment plans to
assist with stabilization.
• Comprehensive discharge planning and post-
release case management
• Post-discharge access to wraparound services,
such as substance abuse treatment and housing,
developed through partnerships.
Aftercare, Post-Release Services:
Intensive Community Based Case Management
Psychiatry and medication management
Crisis Housing Supports and Permanent
• Detox/Residential Substance Use Disorder
• Peer support
Outreach contacts by our
Projects for Assistance in
Transition from Homelessness
by the Homeless