THE TICKER MUSEUM NEWS
HOW MUCH DO YOU KNOW ABOUT FINANCIAL HISTORY?
1. What phrase was printed on early
American currency as an anti-
2. What famous American inventor and
diplomat also designed and printed
currency in the 18th century?
3. What document is considered to
be the financial equivalent of the
4. According to the 1792 Treasury
Department Circular, the US
State Department had a staff of
five and the US Department of
War had a staff of three. How many
staff members did the US Treasury
Department have that year?
5. Who did President Thomas Jefferson
appoint as Secretary of the Treasury
6. What country was home to
the world’s first documented
commercial oil well?
7. What is the Economic Cooperation
Act of 1948 more commonly
8. At what 1896 event did William
Jennings Bryan publicly declare,
“You shall not crucify mankind
upon a cross of gold!”
10. At what age did Warren Buffett
make his first investment?
10 FINANCIAL HISTORY | Fall 2018 | www.MoAF.org
1. Death to counterfeit 2. Benjamin
Franklin 3. Alexander Hamilton’s Report on
the Public Credit 4. 53 5. Albert Gallatin 6.
Canada 7. The Marshall Plan 8. The
Democratic National Convention 9. Dollar
General 10. 11
9. What NYSE-listed retail company
was founded in Scottsville, Kentucky,