• Paying it forward with the CLDA Cares programs . These efforts include a disaster relief fund which gives a helping hand to members hit by hard times , and scholarships for children of members who want to further their education and professional development after high school .
FINAL MILE FORUM & EXPO22
Burns congratulated this year ’ s scholarship winners :
• Brody Bernecker , the son of Jim and Mindy Bernecker . Jim is the president of Relay Express
• Taryn Bilchik , the daughter of Bryan and Sandy Bilchik . Bryan is the Director of IT at Need It Now
• Kylie Jowers , the daughter of Thomas and Kimberly Dawn Jowers . Thomas is the Chief Operating Officer at ADL Delivery
The opportunity to partner with another of the industry ’ s premier associations , the ECA , is something that Burns touted in his remarks . He called Jim Bernecker , the ECA president , to the stage . He echoed Burns ’ sentiments . “ There is a real opportunity for reciprocity between our two organizations to help strengthen the industry together ,” said Bernecker . He invited conference participants to join them at their annual Marketplace event on April 24-26 , 2023 .
CLDA Treasurer Tim Cocchia followed Bernecker ’ s remarks , reporting that the CLDA was “ strong financially due to the support of its members and sponsors .” He cited a revenue increase over 2020-2021 fiscal year . “ This is a testament to what we bring to our members and what our members bring to all of us ,” he said .
The business meeting concluded with a preview of two upcoming CLDA events :
• The Executive Leadership Summit , a virtual event on Oct . 6 , 2022
• The CLDA Final Mile Forum in New Orleans on Feb . 9-11 , 2023 .
Eruption not Disruption
The first keynote of the conference was Brian Carter . This former comedian turned motivational speaker used humor to talk about “ keeping a happy workforce and getting them to stick around .” The key , he said , goes beyond money . “ Great teams have shared values . It ’ s what keeps them on the job . The more you commit to what people value , the more they will commit to your team ,” he said .
Great teams have shared values . It ’ s what keeps them on the job . The more you commit to what people value , the more they will commit to your team ”
58 customized logistics & delivery Magazine FALL 2022