Program Refund Requests
REFUNDS ARE NOW MORE CONVENIENT!
Complete your refund request online at registration.pdhp.org.
1. Refund requests may be completed online or in-person at a Park
Online- Log in to your online account and select the My Account
menu. Click Activity Cancellations and select the program(s)
you wish to cancel. Service fees will be assessed according to the
schedule listed below. Follow the prompts to checkout. Your refund
is not complete until you receive a receipt/confirmation.
In-Person- Fill out a Refund Request Form at the Park District facility
where the participant’s program is held. The request form will be
forwarded to the appropriate program supervisor for approval.
Service fees will be assessed according to the schedule listed
below. Confirmation of the refund will be sent via email.
2. Refund must be requested at least one day prior to the program
start date*. Refunds requested on or after the program start
date will not be honored.
* Refunds for ParkSchool or One-Day/Special Events will not be
honored if requested less than 10 days prior to the program start date.
3. If a Park District class is cancelled due to lack of enrollment, a full
refund will be issued.
4. Registration and the applicable payment are non-transferrable
5. We do our best to issue refunds as soon as possible, but sometimes
delays are necessary to ensure accuracy. Refunds by check can take
2-4 weeks to issue. A refund to your charge card may be processed
within 3 business days; however the credit may not appear on your
statement until the next billing cycle.
Refund Schedule & Service Fees:
One-Day & Special Events
• A $5 service fee per program will be assessed if the refund is
requested 10 or more days prior to the event start date. Refunds
requested less than 10 days prior to the event start date will not be
• A $200 service fee per program will be assessed if the refund is
requested 10 or more days prior to the program start date. Refunds
requested less than 10 days prior to the program start date will not
• A $12 service fee per program will be assessed if the refund is
requested 10 or more days prior to the program start date.
• A $24 service fee per program will be assessed if the refund is
requested less than 10 days prior to the program start date.
• No refunds permitted if requested less than one day prior to the
start date of the program.
Behavior Management Policy
To help make our programs and facilities enjoyable for all, participants
and members are expected to exhibit appropriate behavior at all times.
It is required that all patrons adhere to our Behavior Management
Policy. This includes but is not limited to showing respect to all
patrons and staff, abstaining from the use of abusive or foul language,
refraining from causing bodily harm to themselves or others,
respecting equipment, supplies, and facilities. Failure to follow these
guidelines may result in permanent suspension of participation. To
view the policy in its entirety please visit pdhp.org.
Available Payment Plans
ParkSchool Payment Plan:
Registrants of ParkSchool are eligible for monthly scheduled payments.
Scheduled payments are charged automatically from the credit/debit
card provided at the time of registration.
Fall Session- Five Equal Installments
• Deadline to register for Fall Session using the payment plan is July 31
• 1st installment is due at the time of registration
• Next four equal installments due on the 5th of each month from
August to November
Winter/Spring Session- Six Equal Installments
• Deadline to register for Winter/Spring Session using the payment
plan is November 30
• 1st installment is due at the time of registration
• Next five equal installments due on the 5th of each month from
December to April
Payment Plan General Guidelines
1. Scheduled payments can only occur with the appropriate
completed partial payment form at the time of in-person registration
or online with the ‘scheduled payment’ billing option.
2. Scheduled payments must be arranged by the registration
deadlines listed above.
3. Registrations paid in-full cannot be changed to a payment plan.
4. First payment is due at the time of registration.
5. Installment payments are scheduled at the time of registration with
a valid credit or debit card. This payment will automatically process
according to the schedule listed above.
6. A $20 service fee is assessed for late or declined payments.
Continued delinquency will result in removal of the participant from
Online Registration Instructions
Please visit our Registration FAQ page at pdhp.org for step-by-step
instructions on setting up scheduled payments when registering online.
Good Time Guarantee
We are committed to providing the public with high quality recreation
programs. Our residents are important to us, and we feel they deserve
quality at all times. Our promise and policy are as follows: If requested
by the beginning of the third class, the Park District of Highland Park
will give you a full refund if you are unsatisfied with the quality of
instruction, your child’s inability to adapt emotionally in the class, or
the skill level is not appropriate for the participant.
1. Participant must attend the first two classes of
2. The Good Time Guarantee Refund Form must be filled
out appropriately and received prior to the third class
meeting. Forms are available at the front desk of all Park
District facilities. The Park District will not fax, mail or
email copies. Upon receiving your completed form
before the third class, we will process a full refund of
your paid fees. This applies to programs seven weeks or
more in length, unless otherwise noted.
Fall 2020 • Park District of Highland Park 72