The Park District provides two locations where dogs are
permitted off-leash with a valid membership:
• Debbie Gottlieb Beitler Dog Park-open year round
Larry Fink Memorial Park, 1377 Clavey Rd.
• Highland Park Golf Learning Center-open
Mid Dec-Mid Mar*
2205 Skokie Valley Hwy, north of Park Ave.
Please note: The dog beach is closed for an
indefinite period of time, please go to pdhp.org for
* Opening and closing dates are weather dependent.
Hours of Operation
• Dog parks are open from dawn until dusk 7 days a week
• The parks will close periodically for cleaning and maintenance
Dog Park Amenities
• Pickup bag dispensers and trash receptacles
• Locked off-leash exercise area, accessible only with key fob
membership card at Debbie Gottlieb Beitler Dog Park
• Membership is required to use the dog parks. You will receive
a key fob membership card within ten business days of
registration. You must carry this fob membership card with
you when visiting all off-leash dog park areas.
• To register, visit pdhp.org. Or send an email requesting dog
park membership assistance to firstname.lastname@example.org and a
staff person will assist you in the process.
• Dog park memberships are valid for a 12-month period from
date of purchase.
• Resident: $50 first dog ($25 each additional dog)
Must provide current City of Highland Park dog tag number
• Non-resident: $150 first dog ($75 each additional dog)
Must provide current rabies vaccination tag number
A parking sticker will be provided
All members must comply with state and local Executive
Orders, and Park District rules including the use of face masks
and social distancing as recommended by the CDC and DCEO.
Rules and Regulations
Membership may be revoked if rule is violated.
• Presentation of your key fob membership card is required for
use of the parks and is not transferable.
• Owners/handlers are solely responsible for damage or injury
caused by their dogs to another dog, person or park property.
• Dogs must be fully immunized and display City of Highland
Park and rabies tags.
• Maximum of two dogs per person on any single visit.
• Dogs known to be aggressive are prohibited. Be prepared to
leash your dog if it becomes aggressive.
• Dogs must wear collars at all times. Spiked or pinch collars are
• Owners are responsible for immediately cleaning up and
properly disposing of waste.
• Children must be at least 10 years of age to enter the off-leash
area and must be closely supervised.
• Appropriate dog park behavior: no running, no chasing dogs,
and no petting of other dogs unless permission is requested
from owner first.
• Food is prohibited in the off-leash area.
• Dogs must be leashed at all times when outside the off-leash
area. Fines up to $500. City Ord. 61-09, J.35,p. 193-219 (Passed
10/26/09), Park District Ordinance No. 01-04, SECTION 2.03.
• The small dog area can only be used by dogs 25 lbs. or less.
Fall 2020 • Park District of Highland Park 70