• Dish Garden of plant life . Please see OSU Fact Sheet HLA- 6451 for more information .
• Criteria for judging will be 1 ) compatibility and arrangement of plants , potting media , and contain ; 2 ) attractiveness and originality ; 3 ) appropriate size of plants for container . Dish Gardens may feature succulents , carnivorous plants , or foliage plants . Dish Gardens should feature at least three different species of plants .
• Dish Gardens should be no larger than 15 inches in diameter , length , width , or height and weigh no more than 15 pounds and contain at least 80 % living plant material . Dish Garden should feature at least 3 different species of plants . 4 . Grades 3-5 5 . Grades 6-8 6 . Grades 9-12
SECTION 325 4-H COMPANION ANIMALS
• All Companion Animal exhibits should focus on one of the following : 1 ) Animal Health and / or Nutrition ; 2 ) Good Husbandry and / or Grooming ; 3 ) Training and / or showing ; 4 ) Service and / or Citizenship .
• Companion Animals refers to animals utilized as household pets ( birds , cats , dogs , fish , rabbits , guinea pigs , etc .) not livestock or wildlife . In cases of animals ( i . e . rabbits , turtles , etc .) that can be represented as a companion or a non-companion animal project , it will be up to the 4-H member to make sure that their entry represents companionship .
• The 4-H member ’ s name , age and county must be included on the exhibit . Exhibits deemed inappropriate will not be displayed .
• If you use text , pictures , drawings , artwork , or other information not created by you in your exhibit you must cite the source . See “ Copy written material and referencing sources ” section at opening of 4-H Division .
Companion Animal Poster illustrating one of the following : 1 ) Animal Health and / or Nutrition ; 2 ) Good Husbandry and / or Grooming ; 3 ) Training and / or showing ; 4 ) Service and / or Citizenship . Posters must be 14 ” x 22 ”. For display purposes , exhibitors are encouraged to laminate all posters or cover them with clear plastic film . Posters must be permanently signed and dated on the back . If not marked the judging committee may mark or punch . Posters may be horizontal or vertical . Text of poster should be readable from at least 10 feet away . 1 . Junior Grades 3-7 2 . Senior Grades 8-12
Companion Animal Display illustrating one of the following : 1 ) Animal Health and / or Nutrition ; 2 ) Good Husbandry and / or Grooming 3 ) Training and / or showing 4 ) Service and / or Citizenship . Space for the booth is 3 ’ deep and 4 feet wide ( with sides extended for display ). Back can be 4 feet high . Display must be free-standing . Models , photographs , posters or other means for display may be used . Display may be prepared by an individual or group from a county . Exhibit must prominently display a 4-H clover or mention 4-H . 3 . Junior Grades 3-7 4 . Senior Grades 8-12