• EXHIBITS IN THIS SECTION MUST PROMINENTLY DISPLAY A 4-H CLOVER OR MENTION 4-H . When using the official clover with H ’ s , the tail should curve to the right and the words 18U . S . C . 707 must appear under the lower right leaflet , except for hand drawn clovers . For more information on proper use of the 4-H clover please refer to http :// 4h . okstate . edu / educators / 4-h-name-and-emblem
• Do not include valuables , food items that will spoil or potentially harmful products in any educational display . The 4-H Program can accept responsibility for loss of valuables . Potentially harmful products will be discarded .
01 . Educational Booth Display ( other than community service or “ 4-H Grows Here ”) Display may be project area , member recruitment , current youth issue , event , etc . Community Service Booth Display - Sharing about a community service that a 4-H member or county 4-H group has done . Should include pictures , examples , and scope of projects . The impact on others will be an added criterion for judging . Project should be the extension of a 4-H project area . 02 . Community Service Booth Display - Sharing about a community service that a 4-H member or county 4-H group has done . Should include pictures , examples , and scope of projects . The impact on others will be an added criterion for judging . Project should be the extension of a 4-H project area . 03 . Display using the national campaign “ 4-H Grows Here ”
SECTION 302 4-H PHOTOGRAPHY
• These exhibits consist of photos taken by the individual exhibitors . A photo can be entered only one year . Individuals can exhibit in only one level , and may enter only one exhibit per class in that level . Level 1 is for members who have beginning skill level , Level 2 is for those who have intermediate skill level , and Level 3 is for those who have advanced skill level . All ages within each level are before September 1 of the current calendar year .
• DIGITAL PHOTOS may be entered . Adjustments to digital photographs are limited to color and contrast adjustments , cropping , gray scaling , exposure adjustments , and red eye reduction ( with the exception of Classes 25 to 28 ).
• PRINTS : Black and white or color prints may be exhibited . Prints must be no smaller than 4 ” x 6 ” and no larger than 5 ” x 7 ” ( except when panoramic prints are used ) for all classes except Classes 5 , 10 , 14 , 18 and 22 where prints may be up to 8 ” x 10 ”. Prints should be printed on photo-quality paper ( not copy paper ). Print quality is taken into consideration by the Judges . Photos will be disqualified if in a frame .
• TITLES , CAPTIONS AND OTHER REQUIRED INFORMATION : On the front of the board there must be a title ( i . e . My Trip to the Zoo , or My Favorite Photo ) and each photo must have a caption giving the viewer more information about the photograph . The back of each board must include the exhibitor ’ s name , county , number of years in the 4-H photography project , camera type ( digital SLR , smart phone , digital point and shoot or 35 mm film ), and megapixels ( if camera is digital ). BOARDS : Prints must be securely attached to the surface of ‘ a single black or white ( not colored ) poster board , foam core , or mat board , Photos will be disqualified if on regular printing paper or card stock . No double matting , use of multiple layers or more than one color . The entire print must be seen and cannot be masked in any way . Boards must be 14 ” x 14 ” for all classes .
Level 1 : Focus on Photography Junior Classes — Grades 3-7 ( for members who have beginning skill level ) 01 . Four ( 4 ) photos , one from each of the following categories : people , animals , plant life and scenery . 02 . Four ( 4 ) photos of people doing different things , showing a variety of activities , camera angles and lighting choices .