by suspected gas leak
Joining the fun
at Pako Festa
For the second year ESV was a
Community Sponsor of Pako Festa,
Geelong’s annual street festival
that attracts thousands of people
to Pakington St, Geelong West.
This year’s event was held on Saturday
22 February and around 1500 people visited
the ESV stand to grab a free showbag full
of safety information and goodies.
ESV is increasing its attendance
at community events to take our safety
messages directly to Victorians. Our most
recent stop was the East Gippsland Field
Days in Bairnsdale from 1–2 May, where
we reminded everyone of the need to
Look up and live.
Razed: the remains of the houseboat on Lake Eildon that caught fire with twelve people on board.
By Michelle Robertson, Senior Media
and Communications Advisor
Four children and a woman were admitted
to hospital after fire destroyed a houseboat
on Lake Eildon in the Easter school holidays.
The cause of the fire is currently being
investigated but it is suspected that LP Gas
from a cylinder ignited.
Around 12 people were on board the
houseboat when the fire started. Two people
were treated for minor injuries.
ESV’s Manager Investigations, David
Witenden, said the houseboat was completely
razed and it was fortunate nobody was killed.
“Houseboats are very popular holiday choices for
families but they can be extremely dangerous if
gas and electrical installations are not compliant
or maintained properly,” he said.
There have been 12 fires on boats this year.
ESV conducts safety audits and recommends
that owners have their vessels checked annually
by a licensed electrician and a registered
lick here to download ESV’s
Houseboat aas and electrical
safety guide and checklist
ProTag PrimeTest Elite
Australia’s Most Advanced Test & Tag System
USB for Data
Printer & Scanner
The new ProTag Elite System tests portable appliances & RCDs, takes asset photos,
prints Elite UV resist