Council Member Candidate Nomination Form
STEP 5 – Conflict of Interest for Candidate
I acknowledge that:
• As a member of the College Council, my primary duty would be to serve and protect the public interest.
• I have read and am familiar with the College’s Conflict of Interest Policy in the Governance Process Manual
and Part 6 of the General By-Law (which addresses conflicts of interest)*.
• I understand the principles of Conflict of Interest as set out in Part 6 of the General By-Law and the College’s Conflict
of Interest Policy.
• In the event I become a member of Council, I am bound to adhere to and respect the College’s Conflict of Interest
Policy and Part 6 of the General By-Law.
• Council members must avoid conflicts between their duty to the College and their self-interest or duty to another
organization. In the space below, I have identified any relationship I currently have with any organization that
may create a conflict of interest (by virtue of having competing fiduciary obligations to the College and the other
organization), should I be elected to Council. This includes but is not limited to entities of which I am a director or
* The General By-law and Governance Process Manual can be found at www.cpso.on.ca
ISSUE 2, 2019 DIALOGUE