ASPINDEN CARE HOME is a specialised residential service supporting those individuals that are living with the effects of long-term alcohol misuse and / or addiction , are resistant to change , and exhibiting behaviours that challenge other services .
We have a team of personal health and wellbeing practitioners , recovery coordinators , in-house nurses , and senior management . The service provides accommodation and care with fluid and nutrition management through our own commercial kitchen .
Our work is person-centred to support individuals who have chosen to continue to drink alcohol by helping them live and thrive within a harm minimisation model , using a managed alcohol programme approach .
The service is based in Southwark , it consists of a purpose-built , 25 bed , mixed-gender facility providing 24-hour care with regular nursing and GP input to support residents ’ physical and mental health needs .
“ Staff are around 24 hours a day . Anything you need to know or want , just ask the staff . They are always here .” Michael , resident
WE PROVIDE AN ENVIRONMENT THAT ENABLES OUR RESIDENTS TO :
• Manage their alcohol intake
• Better manage their safety , health and wellbeing
• Build and develop personal resilience
• Develop positive social relationships
• Spend time with their families and important others
• Prepare for independent living or move on , if that is their goal
• Benefit from long-term care and support where they are living with Korsakoff syndrome
• Benefit from short-stay respite and refresher stays
TO MAKE A REFERRAL : 020 7237 0331 enquiries . ach @ equinoxcare . org . uk www . socialinterestgroup . org . uk 1 Aspinden Road , London , SE16 2DR