Highlights of the new STEAM space include :
• The STEAM Institute ’ s CyberRange offers state-of-the-art technology that simulates an organizations ’ network and includes applications to provide students with a safe environment to learn hands-on cybersecurity skills . Students can participate in hyper-realistic , simulated cyberattacks to test their knowledge and develop their skills . The Digital Forensics Laboratory complements the CyberRange as it provides space for students to examine , repair and extract data as well as analyze intrusion and malware . It will also be used to train law enforcement and support counterintelligence and Defense Industrial Base operations .
• The FinTech Lab at JU provides an experiential setting where students apply software , mobile applications , and other technologies that support wealth management , banking , and financial services . Students will learn A . I . and machine learning , big data analysis , and financial programming in the lab .
• The 2,200-square-foot Film and Media Studio serves as a space to produce high-quality visual and audio products while utilizing top-of-the-line industry cameras , lighting , audio and equipment . Students in animation , communication , dance , engineering , design and theater will collaborate in the space .
• Animation , Design and Illustration Studios are creative spaces for motion graphics , data visualization , creative entrepreneurship , 3D modeling , virtual reality , medical imaging , and 3D printing .
• In the Robotics Design space , students explore the precision movements of robotic systems by using computer programs to control a robotic combination of sensors and motorized wheels and actuators that can perform a complex task or drive through a maze .
• The Immersive Learning Studio is a scalable space to develop and leverage immersive simulation technology for instruction across multiple disciplines . This space supports the creation of original virtual reality content for both educational and entertainment applications in partnership with Media Arts . It also can be utilized in clinical nursing training , applied health sciences , aviation , military and global studies .
For more information on STEAM at Jacksonville University , visit ju . edu / steam .
BY KATIE GARWOOD