• 1 package of active dry yeast
• 1.5 cups warm water (110 - 115 F)
• salt and sugar
• 1.5 cups whole wheat flour (plus extra)
• 1.5 cups white flour (plus extra)
• 3 TB Unsalted butter, melted
• Coarse salt or mixture of cinnamon and
sugar for sprinkling
1. In a large bowl, place 1 package of yeast into
1.5 cups warm water.
2. After dissolved, sprinkle mixture with a
generous pinch of salt and sugar.
3. Then stir in 1.5 cups of whole wheat flour
and 1.5 cups of white flour.
4. Knead approximately additional 1 cup to 1.5
cups of flour (your choice of white or wheat).
5. Roll into tennis size balls and let the kids
play. Form braids, sticks, buns and letters.
6. Brush with melted butter, then sprinkle
with coarse salt or cinnamon and sugar.
7. Bake for 10 min at 425F.