• Show loving affection - a hug , high five , fist bump , or a head rub .
• Unplug and give them your total attention for a few minutes . Listen .
• Dance with them .
• Celebrate them for no reason at all with cake and balloons .
• Leave a love note on their pillow .
• Smile when you look at them .
• Send a sweet or funny text .
• Share YouTube or TikTok videos with your older kids .
Of course , it ’ s always worth a mention to make sure you ’ re taking care of yourself . It ’ s hard to show up with joy if you ’ re bone tired and irritated . We hear this advice constantly and yet so few moms truly heed it . Instead , we make excuses about being too busy or something , but we always make time for our priorities , so it ’ s just a matter of making yourself one .