• Empty plastic water or soda bottle
• Paper roll
• Paint brush
• Brown paint
• Floral-colored paints
• Paper or plastic plates
1. Collect your materials needed. Try using a variety of bottle
sizes and brands, the bottom of each bottle will create unique
flower petal shapes!
2. Choose any paper length of your liking. Paint brown branches
(or any colored branches, really) on a strip of roll paper.
3. Allow the branches to dry before you stamp on the flowers!
While you wait, choose an array of colors to create the
flower petals. You can take a nature walk and look at the wild
flowers in your neighborhood for inspiration, check out some
gardening books from the local library, or research types of
flowers on your tablet.
4. On a plate, pour an ample dollop of paint you’ll be using to
create the flowers. Dip the bottom of the empty bottle into
the paint. This will be your floral stamp.
5. Stamp floral patterns along the branches with the dipped
bottle. Encourage your child to use a variety of colors and
bottle sizes and encourage their creative, artistic side! Once
the branches are filled, set their work of art aside and let dry. A
sunny windowsill will help these works of art dry in no time!