Techniques you can adopt
to make it more likely that
you’ll hear clearly:
· Talk face to face: Facial expressions and passive lip reading become more
important when your hearing is impaired. Avoid conversations with those
in another room.
· Make sure you are near to the person that you are talking to and that
their face is well lit.
· If in a group, sit in the middle of the table in order to hear and see everyone.
· Sit with your back against the wall, thus reducing background noise.
· Reduce conversations in unnecessary background noise (e.g. when
boiling a kettle).
The benefits of wearing two hearing aids are:
Your ability to localize sounds
Lower amplification is needed,
so you get more listening
comfort and less whistling.
It will be easier to comprehend
the faint elements of speech in
More effective tinnitus masking
and voice control.
The risk of auditory deprivation
is considerably reduced.
Did you know...
That you’ll typically hear twice as much with two hearing aids - but understand 4 times as much?
So, when two hearing aids are recommended, please don’t say one will do until you’ve tried two.