CLDA Elects New President & Adds Two New Board Members
Jason G . Burns , Sr . was elected president of the Customized Logistics & Delivery Association during the board of directors meeting on February 24 . Burns assumed the role of president from outgoing CLDA President , Steve Howard . He is joined by two newly elected board members , Brian Surber , Chief Operations Officer , Priority Dispatch
and G . Eddie Pillow , President , Pillow Logistics
were elected to the board .
Burns is the Director of Corporate Development at Dropoff
where he is responsible for mergers , acquisitions and enterprise sales . The company provides same-day delivery and logistics solutions to enterprise customers across 25 states and 40 markets and growing .
Burns is the first African American to head the CLDA board . He has been active in the association since he joined in 2008 . He has been on the board since 2011 and served on the Final Mile Forum , Membership , Diversity & Inclusion , Technology , Executive Leadership Summit and the Executive Committees .
New board member Brian Surber has been an active member of the association since he joined in 2004 . He has chaired the Sponsorship and ELS committees and served on the Education , Final Mile Forum , PR & Marketing and Virtual Shippers ’ Exchange Committees .
New Board member Eddie Pillow heads a company that has been part of the association since the 1990s . The company ’ s founder , George Pillow Jr . was a member of the board of the MCAA ( CLDA ’ s predecessor ) in the mid-1990s . Eddie is a member of the Shippers Committee .
Joining Burns on the Executive Committee are :
• Joel Pinsky , President-Elect and Chief Financial Officer , Global Messenger - Baltimore , MD
• Steve Howard , Immediate Past President and President , Esquire Express - Hialeah , FL
• Lorena Camargo , Secretary and CEO and Founder , Pearl Transportation & Logistics - Inglewood , CA
• Tim Cocchia , Treasurer and Chief Operating Officer , Xcel Delivery Services - Phoenix , AZ
Other members of the board are :
• Mark Cossack , President , Priority Courier Experts - St . Paul , MN
• Errol Cvern , President , Select Express & Logistics - New York , NY
• Randy Edmonds , Managing Partner , Epitome Logistics - Houston , TX
• Thomas Jowers , Vice President / COO , ADL Delivery - Tampa , FL
• Ruth Ospino , Owner & CEO , Tempo Transport , Miami , FL and Olathe , KS
• Ralph Perrothers , President , On The Go Cargo , Inc . - Carlstadt , NJ
• Kelly Picard , President , Hackbarth Delivery Service - Mobile , AL
• Charles Wolfe , President , Blaze Express Courier Service - New Orleans , LA
New ILAG Member
CLDA welcomes Scopelitis , Garvin , Light , Hanson & Feary
to our Industry Leadership Advisory Group . The firm serves the legal and business needs of the transportation industry on a full-service basis . With offices strategically located in many major cities throughout the United States , they offer advice and counsel to more than 5,000 transportation-related clients in the 48 contiguous states . Their capabilities rest upon the collective experience of attorneys who have represented motor carriers , private carriers , shippers , brokers , logistics companies and trucking insurers for over 40 years . CLDA
54 customized logistics & delivery Magazine spring 2022