Floresta Drive Improvements
SOUTHBEND BOULEVARD TO ELKCAM WATERWAY ( SEGMENT 1 ): CONSTRUCTION ACTIVITIES PROGRESS UPDATE
• The speed limit was reduced to 25 mph in the construction zone .
• Periodic Lane Closures will take place along Floresta Drive . Please use caution driving through the work zone . Lane closures will not be permitted from 6:30-9:30 a . m . and 4-7 p . m . Monday through Friday or on the weekends .
• Side streets , including Portage Avenue , Essex Drive , Penn Avenue , Academy Lane and Chapman Avenue , will have temporary closures as the contractor installs pipe across the roadway during daytime hours .
• The contractor will utilize closures on Thanksgiving Avenue at Floresta Drive to accommodate necessary roadway activities and construction of the roundabout .
• The contractor is working to complete drainage activities .
• The contractor paved the temporary roadway and shifted traffic to the east , north of Port St . Lucie Boulevard ; and west , south of Port St . Lucie Boulevard .
• The contractor has been pouring sidewalk and curb throughout the project .
• Work on resident driveways has resumed as final concrete is being poured in some areas .
ELKCAM WATERWAY TO PRIMA VISTA BOULEVARD ( SEGMENTS 2 AND 3 )
• Design is underway . Segment 2 and 3 have been combined and are being designed together . The final plan submittal is slightly delayed to address comments received during the South Florida Water Management District ( SFWMD ) permitting process .
• A letter was sent to residents along the Phase 2 and Phase 3 corridor introducing the upcoming project and asking for resident contact information to keep residents updated as the project moves forward . Meetings and outreach to residents will continue as the project moves closer to construction .
• A meeting took place April 22 with residents near the SE Thornhill Drive and April 28 with residents near Harborview Drive stormwater retention areas to give the residents the opportunity to view the pond area designs and ask questions . Subsequent information has been provided to those neighboring residents addressing their questions and concerns raised during the meetings .
UPCOMING CONSTRUCTION ACTIVITIES :
• Sidewalk , curb and gutter
• Roadway construction
• Installing mast arms at Port St . Lucie Boulevard
• Installing and setting light fixtures
• Roundabout construction on Thanksgiving Avenue
• Finalize Pond 1 area near Essex Drive with landscaping and irrigation
• Work in Pond 2 area including wall installation
• Paving parts of Floresta and preparing to shift traffic the other side of the roadway
WWW . CITYOFPSL . COM / FLORESTA
P . 9