The City of Port St . Lucie Communications Department was honored with a top award from the Public Relations Society of America ( PRSA ).
The PRism Award for Integrated Communications recognized the City ’ s outreach efforts for the 2020 Census . The City took home the honor while facing steep competition from several major public relations agencies , companies and corporations . The award was presented at the PRSA PRism Awards Virtual gala .
PRSA is the largest public relations organization in the world , with more than 30,000 members nationwide .
High Quality Infrastructure & Facilities
The Communications Department teamed up with the City Manager and Planning & Zoning to help educate our citizens about the proposed Mobility Fee and Plan that went before the City Council on Aug . 23 and will come back for a second reading vote on Sept . 13 . To help our residents and the builder / developer community understand the proposed Mobility Fee and Plan , the Communications Department :
• Created a dedicated landing page with easyto-understand information and a section on misconceptions vs . facts .
• Sent out a press release about this issue
• Created social media posts
• Sent out emails directed to both residents and builders / developers .
• Arranged for TcPalm to publish a guest column by City Manager Russ Blackburn here .