Mac & Cheese
Bothwell Old Cheddar adds
sharpness and pretzel crumble
adds crunch to this indulgence. 1 cup broccoli, cooked and cooled
4 cups macaroni, cooked and
2 Tbsp crushed honey mustard
1 cup canola oil
2 cups all-purpose flour
4 cups milk, brought to simmer
3 cups shredded Bothwell Old
2 Tbsp lemon juice
2 Tbsp salt
1 tsp pepper
4 strips bacon, diced
1. In a pot over medium heat, mix
together oil and flour for 4 mins,
making a roux.
2. Slowly add hot milk until well
combined. Whisk continuously to
avoid burning the sauce.
3. Bring to a simmer, and cook for
at least 15 mins.
4. Stir in cheddar cheese until well
combined. Add lemon juice, salt
and pepper to taste.
5. In a large pan, sautée bacon
and broccoli until golden brown,
then add cheese sauce and
macaroni until well combined.
6. Place in 4 skillets and top
with shredded cheddar and honey
7. Bake in oven at 350°F for
Yield 4 servings
ciao! /aug/sep / two thousand nineteen/