USASF WORLDS DIVISIONS ( continued )
U . S . -BASED TEAMS COMPETING IN IASF DIVISIONS
U . S . -based teams competing in International divisions must associate their official USASF roster through their member profile to the Worlds bid-giving event . All U . S . -based cheer athletes ( original team members , alternates , substitutes ) must be USASF athlete members to join the team in the warm-up room and compete at Worlds .
NON-U . S . -BASED TEAMS
All non-U . S . -based teams must submit a completed International team roster . This document is available to print at TheCheerleadingWorlds . net or IASFworlds . com .
Copies of each athlete ’ s birth certificate or passport must be with the team coach / representative at all times and readily available upon request by a Worlds official . Proof-of-age documents stored on a USB / zip drive are acceptable .
U . S . TEAM ELIGIBILITY FOR NON-U . S . CITIZENS
Athletes must be legal residents or legal student residents of the United States . Each team member must provide proof of legal residency prior to the competition through the Roster Verification Process and upon request for each athlete that is NOT a U . S . citizen . Contact Amy Clark at aclark @ usasf . net with questions about this policy .
PRELIMS , SEMI-FINALS AND FINALS
Competition officials reserve the right to amend the order of events and / or divisions based upon final registration for The Cheerleading Worlds .
SOSC , IONT-6 , and IOCNT-6 DIVISIONS
• These teams will compete in a preliminary round Friday , April 21 , 2023 :
- all teams with at-large bids in SOSC divisions
- only U . S . teams with at-large bids in IONT-6 and IOCNT-6 divisions
The top 10 preliminary teams will advance to the semi-final round on Saturday which also will include paid-bid teams in those divisions .
• Prelim teams advancing to semi-finals will be reverseseeded and spread among the paid-bid teams within the performance order .
• Scores to not carry over from one round to the next .
• SOSC : The top 10 teams will advance from semi-finals to finals .
• IONT-6 , IOCNT-6 : The top three teams from each country will advance from semi-finals to finals .
• The performance order for finals will be reverse-seeded based on semi-finals results .
• If 40 or more teams compete in a division ’ s preliminary round , 15 will move to the semi-final round .
• If 40 or more teams compete in a division ’ s semi-final round , 15 will move to the final round .
Scores DO NOT carry over from the preliminary to the semifinal round , nor from the semi-final to final round .
CLUB RELEASE WAIVER
Any athlete , including an Exceptional Athlete , who has taken the floor with an exhibition or competition team at any level from a ( primary ) club during the Worlds competition season ( Nov . 1 , 2022 – April 22 , 2023 ), must have a USASF Club Release Waiver signed by the owner of the primary club to be eligible to compete with a different ( secondary ) club at The 2023 Cheerleading Worlds . The USASF Club Release Waiver is found at TheCheerleadingWorlds . net . This form must be uploaded on the Roster Verification Form prior to meeting with your USASF regional director for your virtual roster verification appointment .
USASF DIVISION AWARDS
• Each team will receive a participation trophy .
• The USASF will award trophies to the top 10 teams in each division at The Cheerleading Worlds .
• Athletes on teams ranking first , second , or third will receive gold , silver , or bronze medallions .
• First-place teams in each division will receive a championship banner and each athlete who competed on the floor with that team will receive a Worlds champion ring .
U . S . WORLDS TRIALS
The April 22 semi-final round for IONT-6 and IOCNT-6 U . S . teams will be declared the U . S . WORLDS TRIALS . This round will include paid-bid U . S . teams and the top 10 U . S . teams from prelims , Friday , April 21 .
The USASF will award U . S . WORLDS TRIALS trophies to U . S . teams placing fourth through 10th . Trophies and gold , silver and bronze rmedallions will be awarded to the top three U . S . teams . The top three U . S . teams in these divisions will progress to finals on Sunday , April 23 , with the top three teams from other countries .