USASF WORLDS DIVISIONS ( continued )
SUBSTITUTES AND ALTERNATES AT BID-EVENTS
All athletes competing at a bid-qualifying event must be listed on the official roster as active athletes and compete on Day 1 . Should a team need to make substitutions on Day 2 of the event , they are allowed to replace a limited number of active athletes with reserve athletes for the second performance . The maximum number of substitutions allowed per team on Day 2 is limited :
• Senior Extra Small / Coed Division – 3
• Senior Small / Coed Division – 3
• Senior Medium / Coed Division – 4
• Senior Large / Coed Division – 6
• Senior Open / Coed Division – 4
• IASF Divisions – 4
• The team coach is responsible for communicating any replacements or substitutions from Day 1 to Day 2 to the event producer .
• The event producer will note any changes made from Day 1 to Day 2 on the roster that was submitted by the team .
• Day 2 substitutions must meet all athlete eligibility requirements to compete with the said team .
• Athletes that took the floor on Day 1 with the bid-winning team will be considered original team members on the Worlds Roster .
• Reserve athletes that took the floor on Day 2 with the bid-winning team are eligible substitutes on the Worlds Roster .
SUBSTITUTES AND ALTERNATES AT WORLDS
Each team must submit their official roster for The Cheerleading Worlds through the USASF member portal . The total maximum number of rostered active athletes permitted at Worlds will be equal to the number of athletes on the floor at the event where the bid was received . Team size may not increase after the bid was received . The club is permitted to replace original team members with substitutes and wild card alternates ( reserves ) so long as they do not increase the total number of athletes on the team and they follow the guidelines outlined herein .
ORIGINAL TEAM MEMBERS
Original team members are athletes that were on the floor AND included on the official team roster at the bid-winning event .
A substitute must be a regular-paid athlete from the same club , on a different team , and have competed on the floor for that club at the same event where the bid was awarded . All substitutes must meet the same eligibility requirements as those of the original bidwinning event . The maximum number of substitutions allowed per team at The Cheerleading Worlds is limited :
• Senior Extra Small Division – 4
• Senior Small Division – 6
• Senior Medium Division – 8
• Senior Large Division – 10
• Senior Open Division – 8
WILD CARD ALTERNATES RULE
Wild Card Alternates are additional members of the club that did not perform on the floor at the event where the bid was received . Among the maximum number of substitutions allowed per team , a limited number may be Wild Card alternates :
• Senior Extra Small Division – 3
• Senior Small Division – 4
• Senior Medium Division – 5
• IASF Open Division – 8 ( season 1 countries )*
• IASF Open Division – 12 ( season 2 countries )*
• IASF Global Club Division – 8 ( season 1 countries )*
• IASF Global Club Division – 12 ( season 2 countries )*
• IASF Non Tumbling Division – 10 ( season 1 countries )*
• IASF Non Tumbling Division – 15 ( season 2 countries )* * Refer to IASFworlds . com for season descriptions .
• Senior Large Division – 6
• Senior Open Division – 5
• IASF Divisions – 5
At The Cheerleading Worlds , crossovers of athletes between teams from the same club are NOT permitted . Crossovers of athletes between clubs are NOT permitted . Crossovers of athletes between cheer and dance teams from the same or different clubs are NOT permitted . In other words , a performer may represent only one team in cheer or one club in dance .
RESERVE ATHLETES ON THE WORLDS ROSTER
If , for any reason , a substitute is needed to replace an active athlete on a USASF official roster , ONLY an athlete listed as a reserve athlete on the respective team ’ s USASF official roster may be used for that substitution . An athlete attending The Cheerleading Worlds exclusively as a reserve athlete may be listed on more than one team roster within the same club . Once the reserve athlete is moved to active , they are no longer eligible to serve as a reserve athlete on any other team . The club must notify a USASF event official of the athlete replacement ( moving athlete from reserve to active ) prior to the team and the athlete taking the floor . Please allow adequate time for a USASF event official to verify eligibility .