How to Care for Your Oriental Rug
Rotation – To insure even wear , your rug should be rotated once a year . Depending on the traffic , the rotation may vary from six months to two years .
Vacuuming – Oriental rugs , like most carpeting , should be vacuumed on a regular basis to remove dirt and restore life to the fibers . Be sure not to vacuum the fringe with your beater bar ! Use the end of a vacuum hose from a canister vacuum .
Padding – A quality pad used under your rug helps protect it from dirt , wear , and slippage .
Spot and Spill Procedures – Make sure that you safely and immediately clean up spots and spills before they set . a ) First , soak up the excess liquid by blotting with a clean absorbent material . Do not brush or rub the stain
b ) Then spot-clean with a mild detergent-white vinegarwater solution . Do-not over wet .
c ) Rinse area thoroughly with water and a small amount of vinegar . Avoid wetting the rug ’ s backing
d ) Blot dry until most of the moisture has been absorbed
e ) Allow to air dry . A fan or cool hair dryer can be used to hasten the drying process .
f ) For stains that do not come out using these methods , Ask our cleaning specialists .
GET FREE CASH OR FREE CLEANING THROUGH OUR REFERRAL REWARD PROGRAM !
For each new client that you send us , we will reward you with a 10 % referral reward that can be used toward FREE CASH or FREE CLEANING . Simply refer your friends , neighbors , or co-workers , and we will reward you automatically . Remember that we offer a 100 % money back guarantee , so you can be sure that we will take the absolute best care of your valuable referrals !
Spot Removal Steps
• Act Quickly ! Most carpet available today has been treated with a stainresist treatment , so many spills can be removed if immediate action is taken . The longer the delay , the higher the probability of a spill becoming a permanent stain . Remember , staining is influenced by many factors , and no carpet is completely stain proof .
• Blot liquids with a dry , white , absorbent cloth or or white paper toweling ( no printing ).
• Do not scrub the area ! Scrubbing may cause pile distortion in the affected area . Continue to use a dry cloth or paper towels until the area is completely dry . For semi-solids , gently scrape up with a rounded spoon . Solids should be broken up and vacuumed until completely removed . If the spot can be identified , locate the substance in the spot removal computer and follow the directions carefully .
• Pretest any spot removal agent in an inconspicuous area to be certain the solution will not damage the fiber or the dye . After applying several drops to the testing area , hold a white cloth on the wet area for 10 seconds . Examine the carpet and cloth for color transfer , color change , or damage to the carpet . If a change occurs , another cleaning solution should be selected .
• Apply a small amount of the selected cleaning solution to a white cloth and work in gently .
• Work from the edges of the spill to the center to prevent the spill from spreading . Do not scrub ! Blot in order to absorb as much as possible , and repeat if necessary .
• Continue using the first cleaning solution as long as there is a transfer of the spill to the cloth . It is not necessary to use all of the cleaning solutions if the first solution removes the spill .
• Be patient ! Complete removal of the spill may require repeating the same step several times . After the spill has been completely removed , rinse the affected area thoroughly with cold water , and blot with a dry cloth until all of the solution has been removed . Some cleaning solutions will cause rapid soiling if the solution is not completely removed . Apply a one-half inch layer of white paper towels to the affected area , and weigh down with a flat , heavy object . Continue to change paper towels as needed .
• A dry , absorbent , cleaning compound may be used as a substitute to accelerate drying time . For more detailed information on a specific spill , please search on the pull-down menu at right . Many fiber manufacturers provide a tollfree cleaning assistance and advice ( consult your warranty ).